Name: Steve Erickson
Grade Level: 6th
This LESSON is in Social Studies. We are studying ancient greece and the land that makes it up. we will be watching a film strip with a number of great pictures and sites about ancient greece for us to look at.
Lesson GOAL (s)
· watch the film strip Aegean Area.
· develop questions from pictures and information given.
· formulate their own opinions about what they are seeing.
· understand the contributions of Ancient Greece to today.
· relate Ancient Greece to their world today.
A. The Lesson
· To introduce, I will ask questions about what we have covered so far in Ancient Greece.
· To relate to past experience, ask them things that they use or have that have come from Ancient Greece (architecture, Olympics)
· They will need to know this to better understand the Ancient Cultures and understand where things have came from.
· The students will understand the contributions, formulate questions, and relate Ancient Greece to their life today.
students will be told to clear their desks and sit quietly.
will be asked about what we have covered to this point about Ancient Greece.
the students thinking about what they have given us and what things are from the
will develop an interest in the students and will prepare them to watch the
students will then be allowed to watch the video.
we will stop and talk about certain things and answer any questions that there
B. Assessments Used
(in introduction, lesson
development, or summative assessment)
C. Extensions and Adaptations
(Ideas for enrichment and adaptations)
(A bibliography listing works which might be consulted for additional information)
Strip Aegean Area